Ubud Village Jazz Festival
2 DAYS FESTIVAL AUG 9th -10th, 2013. @ARMA MUSEUM, PENGOSEKAN-UBUD, Bali-INDONESIA.
Ubud Village Jazz Festival is a music festival situated in the artistic surroundings of Ubud Bali, Indonesia.
Since 2010 Yuri Mahatma, a musician/composer/music teacher, and a founder of Underground Jazz Movement together with Anom Darsana, the director and owner of ANTIDA Music Productions, has been working together for some routine projects of jazz concerts, each time with different themes.
In the early of 2012 they conceived the idea of a community concert. With the involvement and support of majority of artist communities, the concept of hosting a community concert in this unique village was born.
2013 is our first UVJF.
– Small, but perfectly formed (20 bands/100 musicians/2days fest/2 stages)
– Quality Bands spanning the varieties of Jazz forms
– Food Festival; provides culinary mostly from surrounding’s best food.
– International Jazz Fest ; performers are from many different nationalities
– Edu-Mission : one special stage for workshops, new talents and music students.
– GREEN , ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY FEST
UVJF also facilitates a workshop of local and National music educators to investigate ways of getting more young people interested in playing Jazz.
UVJF will become annual.
It is financed through sponsorship, advertising and pitch-fees from traders, tickets, booth and merchandises.
UVJF is entirely reliant on a very small group of volunteers, the event taking almost 1,000 volunteer man-hours to organize. It is their exceptionally hard work and dedication that brings Borough residents and visitors into the Town, boosting the local economy, creating an event that Ubud residents would say is one of the most enjoyable in the calendar.
UVJF putting a smile on the faces of 5,000 people, irrespective of age, ability, creed or wealth.
more info at : https://www.facebook.com/UbudVillageJazzFestival